LSTM GROUP: Ioanna Tsimouri
Ioanna’s scientific interest begun from the theoretical modelling ideas and applications. During her undergraduate diploma thesis, she managed to reproduce a rheological model for the entangled polymers melts under a flow field, known for it’s qualitatively agreement with the available experimental data, and extend it through a non-equilibrium thermodynamics formalism, the Generalized Bracket formalism. This formalism is founded on the principles of systems conservation, dissipation and irreversibility and is capable of extracting not only many known models for polymer melts and solutions but it can be applied in a great deal of different scientific fields such as liquid crystals and plasma dynamics.
During her post graduate studies, she continues to be involved in the modelling of polymer melts rheology in depth, however, she devotes her research interest in modelling the dynamical and rheological behavior of blood to contribute to plenty medical applications, again through the framework of non-equilibrium thermodynamics using also dissipative particle dynamics simulations to parameterized it, which consists her post graduate research thesis.
- 2018: Master, School of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- 2016: Diploma in Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- 2016-Present: Research Thesis Title” A constitutive model for blood flow, in the context of non equilibrium thermodynamics”, supervised by Prof. Vlasis G. Mavrantzas and Post Doctoral Research Associate Pavlos S. Stephanou
- 2016 – Present: Post-graduate research associate, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras, Research Work Title ” Extraction of a recently suggested model of entangled polymers based in the CCR mechanism in the framework of non-equilibrium thermodynamics “
- 2015-2016: Diploma thesis ” Flow-induced orientation and stretching of entangled polymers in the framework of non equilibrium thermodynamics”, supervised by Prof. Vlasis G. Mavrantzas and Post Doctoral Research Associate Pavlos S. Stephanou
- Annual Undergraduate Excellence Award, for the entrance in the School of Chemical Engineering due to the classification, from the State Scholarships Foundation (Ίδρυμα Κρατικών Υποτροφιών, IKY), 2013.
- Undergraduate Excellence Award for the academic year 2012-2013, Department of Chemical Engineering (Τμήμα Χημικών Μηχανικών, T.Χ.M.), 2015.
- Prize for studies completion with great honors and ranking 3rd in the ceremony of July 2016, from the Department of Chemical Engineering.
- Internal Postgraduate Scholarship from the Bodossakis Foundation, 2016-.