LSTM GROUP: Panagiotis Mermigkis
Panagiotis’ scientific interests lie in the modeling of nanocomposite materials. In particular, as a member of the group, his work focuses on the study of several properties of PMMA matrices, enhanced with Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene sheets. More specifically, he is aiming at the design of novel polymer membranes with embedded CNTs, which hold the key to the more efficient wastewater treatment. He also investigates the improvement of PMMA matrices as far as the mechanical properties are concerned, in the presence of graphene sheets.
- 2015 – present: Ph.D. student, Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- 2015: Master, in Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- 2014 – present: Student, department of Mathematics, University of Patras
- 2011: Diploma in Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- 2015 – present: Phd studies, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
- 2011-2014: Master studies, thesis “Determination of water effective diffusivity within CNT/PMMA based nanocomposite membranes from kinetic Monte Carlo simulations“, supervided by Prof. Vlasis G. Mavrantzas
- Award of academic excellence for fulfilling the requirements for his graduate courses in 2013/14 with the highest GPA in his class of the Department of the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Patras.
- Technical Chamber of Greece